Saturday, December 10, 2011

MSR Stove

Gear Review, MSR 'Reactor' stove.

When I first got this stove I wondered why they would name a stove aimed at lightweight thru hikers (typically the environmental conservationalist type of people) after a word associated with Chernobyl, Long Island, and Nuclear.
MSR Reactor stove, two thumbs up by dbBrad


Then I cooked on it. The water was boiling before I had the lid on. If you want to saute veggies forget it, but if you need a simple to use stove to boil water, this is your best bet.

MSR Reactor stove runner up!

Now 3 weeks into my trek across New Zealand on the Te Araroa trail, I love this stove. It's waterproof, windproof and fool proof, stable, simple and compact and most important, quite. Overall a very smart design. Of coarse it costs a bit more than the tin can wood fired alternative, but sure is easier to use.


Wood fired cook stove compliments of googleimagesearch





MSR--If you're interested in selling your products in New Zealand, this stove is getting great reviews from fellow hikers as well as sportings good stores. Perhaps you would like a New Zealand MSR Rep--if so,I need to replace my/your |Zoid II!!

No comments:

Post a Comment