Tuesday, April 26, 2011

dbBrad Web page, trumped by dbBrad blog

My blog which discusses issues of sustainability, design, and water management as well as showing methods of construction and the "how to's" on all my built projects is interesting, dynamic and fun to look at. In fact, so much so that it's upstaging my web page.

dbbrad.com

If you Google Brad Hankins, dbBrad, Design build Brad, or dbBrad Hankins, you will see lots of references to my work, but almost none to my web page.


Division of Earth and Water, specializing in water management and natural ponds, wetlands and streams, as well as site management and restoration.

Given that Google has some strange and mysterious ranking system for finding and displaying relevant web pages, I'm hoping this will send some new traffic to my web page, or at least get it to show up on Google searches involving my name or company! Hopefully it will even boost traffic to Dear Mr. GreenGuy.

Mister Green Guy, answering your questions on sustainable design build issues
Interesting that if you Google dbBrad image search, you will get many images of women named DebraD, but if you insist that Google search 'instead for dbBrad', you will get a very high percentage of images from my blog.

Debra D, though I'm not sure if 'D' is her last name or not! SweetieBuilt!
Even more interesting is that if you do the same image search for dbBrad in conjunction with another word, the results are fascinating. Below are some random images from dbBrad google image search.

Best looking custom floating wood metal stairs ever, at 702 MLK remodel for Richards.
Cutest Australian Shepherd puppy ever behind large boat anchor chain.
My motorcycle trailer, one of the many interesting images from a Google image search for dbBrad
We miss Joe Candelario, Travis and I do.  Here he models 'stern face' with native accessory grasses, from the 'Different Faces of Botany' posting, one of my favorites!

Try dbBrad frog, dbBrad airplane, dbBrad pond, dbBrad Fredley, or best yet, for a totally random display of my work from the last several years, search dbBrad BAPOW!! As of April 26th (only two weeks left until Hearts and Hammers!) there are 166 results and all of them mine, some of which I haven't seen for years. Weird, Google, but it works for me!!

FrEdLey carport under construction.  Salvaged spruce, paired rafters, and steel posts normal to the roof set this building apart from others of similar size/scale/function/cost.  Good design is always a great value.  dbBrad BAPOW image

One day later, dbbrad BAPOW search generated 313 images and today, April 26th, just 48 hours after, a google image search is generating 163 matches with 3 non related images, or 98.16% dbBrad Hankins related.
Cheryl's gate, another steel wood hybrid structure found when google image searching dbbrad BAPOW

Now, several weeks later (May 9th) I'm getting 297 results in the evening where I got 303 this morning.  Yesterday afternoon it was up to its all time recent high of 329.  I attribute this spike to all the recent postings for Hearts and Hammers.  I know from previous search studies that three words, intern, volunteer and mascot, are well received by Goggles search engine algorithms.

Solar Pavilion, one of the most frequently displayed images in a dbBrad Google Image search.

Now if only Google would recognize dbBrad as a correctly spelled entity and stop sending people to DebraD, sweet as she may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment