Sunday, July 15, 2012

Get your 'Heart on the Trail' and support two great causes!!


After 8 months of hiking I have decided to finish my last 3 months with a fundraiser.   Inspired by my first 5 months of hiking the Te Araroa Trail and people and places I've seen along the way including a little heart break of my own, I've taken to drawing hearts in the trail's dust with my trekking poles.  The positive feedback from other hikers who have seen the hearts has prompted me to turn this into a campaign for the American Heart Association and the Pacific Crest Trail Association, two very important organizations.



The notion is simple.  Help me raise money for good causes by simply purchasing one of these short lived trail hearts for $1.  Because of my goal to raise $10,000, I am relying on everyone to help spread the word and forward HEARTONTHETRAIL.COM to others on their mailing list.  Like any effort of good will, this campaign will work only if we all act together.

dbBrad aka FreeStyle on top of Whitney along the PCT 2012.

Proceeds will be split evenly between the AHA and PCTA.

Key Words:  Please help, Fundraiser, Philanthropy, Brad Hankins, dbBrad, Freestyle, Te Araroa, PCT, Pacific Crest trail, Heart on the Trail, HeartOnTheTrail.com, purchase a heart, have a heart, healthy hearts, trails, thru hiking, hiking for a cause, community, National Forest, National Park, Rails to Trails, WTA, Washington trail association, tramping, TA, Te Araroa, Te Araroa Trust, cause and effect, heart disease, prevention, education, health, national deficit, Social responsibility, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment