Sunday, February 7, 2010

Greene Partners














These shots are from Thanksgiving, when I traveled to Lopez Island to visit Joe and Nancy Greene's residence which has continued to be a source of inspiration to me in its eloquent simplicity and timeless details.














I've been visiting the Greene Partners for two decades now and have yet to leave without being inspired by a new view of their house or a new point of view from them.

Much of the work I do may stem from the gentle guidance I have received over the years from these two wonderful and talented people.

Left: Simple walls that transition the building to the open landscape.
Below: A simple walk adds enjoyment to the approach, no matter what the weather is doing!
















]



Being true to the materials is important and in all five pictures, the rocks, concrete, plants and building are exactly what they claim and want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment