Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Found Objects



Beyond the object from he dump, I've had this heater which Levi of the Re-Store and I took out of a house many years ago. There were two. One is installed in my cottage in Bellingham and the other is to be disassembled and reassembled with a modern twist, in 'the machine'


Here is one of the ceramic heater coils after I pulled it from it's assembly. Above is the thermostat
and wiring in it's original assembly in case I have any problems when I hook it back together.

I wasn't going to use the original thermostat, but 220 thermostats of modernity are not cheap or attractive. Many of them are single pole which means only one 110v



leg of the 220v circuit is interrupted. This thermostat, though 50 years old, works smooth like butter, has good temperature control, great contacts and no mercury so I'm going to keep it. It will reside at the core of 'the machine'. Stay tuned for what the machine is!

No comments:

Post a Comment