Tuesday, September 9, 2014

M and M's go great with hiking!

M and M hiking club.

Yessi and I have spent the last few weeks hiking trails for GreenTrails maps.  Last week we were hiking a 70 mile loop over 4 days.  On our last day we made a meager lunch on top of Noble Knob which has an amazing view of Mt. Rainier.  As we huddled behind a group of trees to escape the wind, we could hear the cheerful sound of conversation wafting through the air.

M and M hiking club having lunch on Noble Knob, Cascades, WA.

 It was happy, upbeat, full of laughs and it kept growing stronger and stronger.  We knew people were coming but we had no idea we would be greeted by 14 women.  These women were full of smiles, all out there to get exercise, see the view and most importantly, to gab and what wonderful gab it was.  As some point, I joined in the gabbing, doing my hiking thing.  I explained what Yessi and I do for GreenTrails, about my year of hiking in NZ, PCT and Nepal, and then asked them if they all had the 10 essentials.  When I pulled out my smart phone ( these savvy women all had smart phones) and showed them how great Greentrails App is and that for just 99cents they could have a map, see all the trails and know where they were on the trail, they were amazed.  I suspect they all have the GreenTrails Map App now!

No comments:

Post a Comment