Friday, July 20, 2012

Bentons Heart is on the trail! Is yours?

dbBrad, founder of HeartOnTheTrail.com and dbBenton, mascot, pose for a picture next to a trail heart.
As i hike with my dog, Benton, it reinforces my notion of having a heart on the trail.  Benton sets a wonderful example by greeting each and every person on the trail with the same excitement, regardless of who they are, what they do and where they're from.

Melissa and Rabecca thought Benton was the Cats Meow!
His enthusiasm for life, the trail and other people make him a perfect mascot for my fundraiser HEART ON THE TRAIL. 

These people from France and Quebeck were taking a day hike along the PCT and were enthralled with my hiking adventure on the Te Araroa and the PCT, my month in France several years ago following the Tour de'France, my fundraiser HeartOnTheTrail and most of all, Benton, the worlds cutest Australian Shepherd.
If your heart isn't on the trail, here's your opportunity.  Go to Heart on the trail.com, click on the heart and get your heart on the trail for $1 and help raise money for the American Heart Association and the Pacific Crest Trail Association, two great charities.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brad!!
    That's cool you're dog joining you on the trail, looks like the perfect trail companion. So you're the one drawing the hearts on the trail. When I was SOBO on the JMT last month, I started seeing them around Rea Lakes, so I guess we passed in that area. Maybe you we're camped at Wood's Creek (the wooden suspension bridge) when I passed there late in the day on my way to the lakes. I wonded about the hearts as I passed them all the way to Whitney. Hope the new boots are working out!!
    David "Super" from Mt Laguna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brad,
    Did you talk about France 2 to the two french guys that you met there on the pct?
    Le tour de France is done for this year and Bradley Wiggins won it.
    See you soon.
    Ludo alias tree-sixty!

    ReplyDelete